logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Orion polling help
N1EU
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:36:00 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

TRX-Manager seems to interface fine with my Orion, but I must be missing a setting. The monitoring window pops up and shows the correct frequency, but the frequency indication doesn't change as I tune the Orion. In the parameter setup, I have polling checked. Why isn't the frequency display tracking with my manual tuning?

I don't have this issue with my K3 or Omni VI. I have it on both my Orions.

If I use the Orion in sub synch mode with the K3 as master, the Orion frequency will track my K3 fine as I tune the K3. But if I just want to use the Orion alone, the display freq doesn't track with my manual tuning as if the radio is not being polled.

Thanks & 73,
Barry N1EU
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
admin
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:52:22 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Barry

Sorry for the delay.

Until now, Orion is not officially supported. One of the reason is that the Orion display crashes with TRX-Manager. I have never been able to know why and even TenTec (they tested it) do not understand why it crashes for some specific commands.

Now, about the polling, I must check my code to see if polling is still possible or not. I don't remember (but it is possible polling causes the crash). Your test is interesting because if TenTec has fixed their bugs, I may support it again !

You may exchange with me directly about this subject.

73, Laurent
Laurent F6DEX
admin
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:16:43 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Barry

Polling was disabled after first polling, probably after tests. If you wish I can send you a new version of the DDL which fixes this.

73, Laurent
Laurent F6DEX
N1EU
#4 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 7:36:55 PM(UTC)

I'm not sure why I'm not receiving email notification when there are replies to the topic, but sorry for taking so long to get back.

I just installed 4.64 - the good news is that polling is now working - the bad news is that it takes a full 2 seconds for manual freq changes on the radio to show up onscreen. Is it possible to poll more often? Or can you do an experimental version with variable polling interval that I can test for you?

Also, please let me know if I can help get you in touch directly with Ten-Tec to support your efforts. I'm on the beta test team and they have been working on cleaning up CAT command issues for the new firmware release. I'm sure they would be happy to help.

Thanks & 73,
Barry
admin
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:53:30 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Barry

Yes, I can reduce polling delay. The problem encountered is a freeze of the display for some commands and I reduce the risk by reducing polling. If you test it I can increase polling rate.

TENTEC has be aware and tested this particular problem. I don't know if it has been fixed.

I send you a new DLL using your email I have in may mailbox.

Polling delay is currently 500ms but a whole cycle of polling may take , yes, 2s !... I will reduce first to 125ms (polling cycle may be now 500ms).

Laurent
Laurent F6DEX
N1EU
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2012 5:38:53 PM(UTC)

I am experiencing no problems caused by the 125ms polling, but the delay with the onscreen frequency display updating still exists even with the faster polling.
admin
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:57:55 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Barry

I will reduce delay and increase polling rate.

Laurent
Laurent F6DEX